Lakeside Marina, around 1910.
By 1873, Billy Lapham had over 700 acres in the South Lake Tahoe area including Lapham’s Fish Market & Landing, where Lakeside Marina sits today. He decided to lease out the Lapham House and take a mortgage from Mrs. Marian Smith Hill of San Francisco, so he could build a steamer ship.
After changing names, the hotel operated until 1876 boasting to be placed in the middle of the Nevada-California state line. The Lapham Hotel burned down, and as a result, Billy defaulted on his loan with Mrs. Hill, and she foreclosed, taking over all his land and remaining buildings.