In 1926, visitors took the steamboat to Lakeside Pier to buy 4 lots to build their cabins on. One of those cabins still stands today owned by the same family. The family remembers walking by the house of Mrs. Hill, an early owner of Lakeside Park; her headstone is in the historic Al Tahoe Cemetery today.
Some of the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s cabins are still standing and used today along Azure Avenue and Hill Road. One of the owners relates the story how in the 1930s the Indians used to have a horse-drawn wagon come down Azure selling baskets.
At the corner of Hill and Greenwood, the first few houses are at an angle to the road because when they were built, Greenwood and Sunrise didn’t exist and their angle lines up with the property line of the house on Park from the 1909 map.
Danny and Chris Olsen own four properties on Azure and Greenwood and have lived here more decades than anyone else. They own Olsen Paving here in town.