Previous Page      •      Home      •      Next Page

Previous Page      •      Home      •      Next Page

Lakeside Beach

Site #LP-5


In June 1901, the Smith family installed a steamer pier, and a post office opened at Lakeside House. The lake steamers made regular stops all year long, delivering mail and passengers to the South Shore.

Lakeside Pier extended from what is today Lakeside Beach; old wooden pilings from the pier can still be seen in the lake outside the metal breakwater barrier off the beach.